Wednesday, February 25, 2009

One Step Back




Well we didn't decide to move to the other side of the world without visiting first. One week after returning from maternity leave I had to ask my boss for a week of vacation so I could go to Malaysian and decide if I want to quit or not. Poor Renee. A few days later Kyle and I flew 11.5 hours to Moscow then 8.5 hours to Singapore and then 1 more hour to KL. While there we ventured out on our own but also had two full days with a relocation consultant. She took us to see schools, grocery stores, shopping malls, furniture stores and housing. We found an adorable Montessori school for Samantha and some really nice housing options. The shopping certainly was an attraction. As you can see by the picture they have mega malls with stores from America, Europe, Australia and local chains. Very upscale and super nice! Being in retail, I see opportunity. By the end of day three I think we knew that this was an opportunity we could not pass up.

Interesting Vernacular:
jumble = garage sale
hob = cooktop

No comments:

Post a Comment