Sunday, February 7, 2010

Driving Part III

Well Sharon and Wendell arrived in KL last Thursday so we rented a van to haul us all around. I have been driving our Honda Civic which is easy to handle in the traffic and tight parking area. The same can not be said for the Naza Ria van. Yes, this is the same car in which I experienced my other "fender benders". You can see where this is going. Yesterday the entire family went on a shopping expedition to the IKEA shopping center. I was in the parking garage and everyone was telling me where to park. I had just passed an aisle and someone saw a spot down there. So I checked my mirrors and put it in reverse. CRUNCH! I backed right into a Myvi which is a very small Asian car. I swear I could not see it in my mirrors, it was smaller width than the van.

Kyle just looked at me like "why the hell are you backing up in the busiest garage in KL?" Which in retrospect is a very good question. Not a smart move. Anyway the collision did nothing to the robust van but the poor Myvi had a nice dent in the front fender. I felt really bad for the girl because she had just been in another accident a month ago. Kyle kept telling her we would pay but she kept going on and on about why did I back up and how come I couldn't see her. What can you do at that point? We gave her Kyle's business card and took a photo with our phone. Wait and see how much that costs us.

Once Kyle had cooled off a bit I did remind him of the other 4 (combined from the two us) fender benders we had already been in and how we had not paid a cent for any of those. 1 out of 5 is not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment