Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Wash



I have gotten several haircuts since we have been here but I always get it colored too so I have never experienced "the wash" until this week. Unlike the US (or other places I presume) they don't take you to a sink to wash your hair. They do it in your seat. Yes, it is hard to fathom washing your hair while sitting in a salon chair right? Well they use a bottle of water that looks like a squeeze ketchup container and they start at your crown. She squirts on some water with a little soap and starts to swirl. Gradually she adds more water and more hair to the the mix. She keeps swirling and adding until all your hair is sudsy. Then she starts the massage, probably the best part of a hair cut here. I bet it was 20 minutes of washing and massaging. So nice. All done with a bee hive of sudsy hair strategically balanced on the crown of your head. I have semi long hair but they do this even with really long hair. A real talent. Once the massage is over then you do have to go to the sink to rinse. That would be amazing if they rinsed in the chair too.

I attempted some pictures on my iphone. Not great but I think you can get the gist. Different, that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment