Saturday, June 20, 2009

Believe It Or Not, I Am Driving!


Day three and I have to take Kyle to work. The fact is that KL is a bustling city and considering our taxi experience it was going to be hard for us to get around with the kids and stroller without driving ourselves. As you can imagine I am nervous because they drive on the other side of the road, the wheel is on the other side of the car, I have no idea where I am going, they follow very few driving rules and then throw in the million kamikazes on mopeds.

So Wendell goes with us and Kyle drives to and from his office so I could see where to go. Then I drive there and back with Kyle and the car to make sure I know where I am going. Then I drive back to the office and drop him off. Now Wendell and I are on our own. I didn't do too bad. Only one incident when I went to turn around where I hit the left side of the car on a huge curb. It made the worst noise but thankfully just scratched up the tire. That seems to be the worst part for me. It the states you sit on the left side and the rest of the car is to your right. Here you are on the right of the car so it has been hard to get used to the other part of the car on the left. My depth perception is still adjusting.

The second day I took Kyle and we get there just fine. On my way home I got completely lost and this time I was by myself. Thank God for the GPS. I typed in home and a few recalculations and some winding streets later I made it. That was probably the best thing to happen because then I knew I could conquer this driving stuff. From there on all of us could pile in the car and set off with the GPS exploring. I even parallel parked, now that was impressive!

Keep me in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment