Friday, August 28, 2009

Family Tree





I think I might have out done myself with my recent arts and crafts project.  Samantha and I have erected a family tree on the wall in her room, and if I do say so myself, it is so cute.  She is always asking "who is your mommy" or "who is grandpa's daddy" etc. so we put it all to pictures.  I found the leaf and bird shapes online which we then used to make patterns. Samantha "helped" but needless to say mommy did most of the tracing and cutting.  I didn't know the tip of your middle finger could really go numb for two full days as a result of too much scissor use.  We then printed out all the family photos and yes, more cutting.  Luckily these didn't have to be exact so Samantha could help.  But of course Samantha's favorite part was the glue stick.  There is no chance any of the photos will be falling off the leaves.  

Keep in mind we started this on Monday so come Wednesday night I was begging Kyle to design the actual tree.  He finally agreed and helped me come up with the trunk and limbs.  It took us hours.  What a good Daddy and stellar Mommy.  On Friday we actually were able to assemble the tree.  Samantha took a ton of pictures and liked using her stool to reach the top branches.  No offense to anyone but Dylan and Annie took the cake for favorites.  

She is getting really good with her letters and writing.  She even wrote (traced, but still impressive) her sign.  Yeah Samantha!  Thank god she is back in school next week.  My fingers need a cutting break.

No comments:

Post a Comment