Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Chinatown



Last week Wendell, Sharon, Emily and I ventured out to Chinatown.  With a little help from the GPS we made it.  It was a little passed 10am and I think it was too early to go shopping because most of the vendors were wheeling in their goods, however considering it was the same stuff as the guy next to him it probably didn't matter.  It was very interesting because it almost seemed like the "source" for all the cheap crap that is "made in china".  If you are familiar with the catalog Oriental Trading you know exactly what I mean.  Plastic kid toys, anything you might need to run a hair/nail salon, and of course the knock off bags, belts and wallets.  Now the handbags and wallets are pretty nice.  You can get Gucci, Prada, of course Louis Vuitton, and many others.  I saw a Tods bag I loved and it was 95RM which is about $27.  Not bad.  There was also tons of food and fruit vendors.  We didn't buy too much on this trip but I am going back for sure.  Place your orders ladies.  I did buy a handmade necklace made of gardenia flowers for Samantha for 2RM (less than $1).  It was beautiful and so fragrant I had to store it outside.  

1 comment:

  1. Emily looks just like Kyle! I've heard the market place in KL is fun. I never got to go there. Levi and I worked on the budget for travel next year - I definitely think you'll be seeing me and possibly Martin and the baby. We'll have to work that part out. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete